Contribution to the VERBODEN LANDSCHAP festival by stichting G.A.N.G.: Visualization of the subterranean structures at former military airfield in Delen. In collaboration with FUGRO (Scans).
- All Possible Futures, Bedford Press, London, UK
- form Magazine #255, Frankfurt, DE
- InformForm / Information design: in theory, an informed practice, Mwmcreative, London, UK
- Thoughts on Designing Information, Lars MÃ¼ller Publishers, ZÃ¼rich, CH
- Understanding the World, Taschen Verlag, Cologne, DE
- Out of Balance - Kritik der Gegenwart, Arch+, Aachen, DE
- Breakthrough!: Proven Strategies to Overcome Creative Block and Spark Your Imagination, Princeton Architectural Press, New York City, US
- Graphic Happiness: 100 years of Dutch Graphic Design, Museum Hilversum, NL
- Information Graphics, Taschen Verlag, Cologne, DE
- NOVUM Magazine, Munich, DE
- The Phaidon Archive of Graphic Design, Phaidon Press, London, GB
- Graphic Design: Now in Production, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, US
- I Read Where I Am: Exploring New Information Cultures, Valiz/Graphic Design Museum, Breda, NL
- items Magazine, #1, Amsterdam, NL
- Precursor: The Creativity Watchlist, Gestalten Verlag, Berlin, DE
- DATA FLOW 2, Gestalten Verlag, Berlin, DE
- Ã©tapes: magazine #176, Paris, FR
- Form+Code in Design, Art, and Architecture, Princeton Architectural Press, New York City, US
- Neshan Magazine #23, Tehran, IR
- EXTRA, BirkhÃ¤user Verlag, Basel, CH
- IDN Magazine, Hong Kong, CN
- form Magazine #226, Frankfurt, DE
- Infographics, Utrecht, NL
- Sketchbook: Conceptual Drawings from the World's Most Influential Designers, Rockport Publishers, Minneapolis, US
- Task Newsletter #2 / Not what if: what if not, Task Newsletter
- Bright Magazine, Amsterdam, NL
- DATA FLOW, Gestalten Verlag, Berlin, DE
- SEED magazine, New York City, US
- Area 2, Phaidon Press, London, GB
- Design 360Â°, Volume 9, Hong Kong, CN
- Ã©tapes: magazine #148, Paris, FR
- PAGE magazine, Hamburg, DE
- Super Holland Design, Actar Publishers, Barcelona, ES
- The Layout Look Book, HarperCollins Publishers, New York City, US
- Tactile, Gestalten Verlag, Berlin, DE
- I.D. Magazine, Volume 53, #1, New York City, US
- Idea Magazine, #316, Tokio, JP
- items Magazine, #5, Amsterdam, NL
- Form Magazine #210, Frankfurt, DE
- Pen Magazine, #184, Tokyo, JP
- Serialize, Gestalten Verlag, Berlin, DE
lectures & workshops
- Workshop at New Design University, St. PÃ¶lten, AU
- Lecture at HfG Offenbach, Offenbach, DE
- Lecture at 'One Design Week', Plovdiv, BG
- Workshop at 'Open Set Summer School', Breda, NL
- Workshop at UniversitÃ¤t fÃ¼r angewandte Kunst Wien, Vienna, AU
- Lecture at 'SEE conference', Wiesbaden, DE
- Lecture at 'CoDeArt', Tilburg, NL
- Lecture at 'Out of Balance: Critique of the Present - Colloquium', Leipzig, DE
- Lecture at 'DDW goes Digital', Eindhoven, NL
- Lecture at 'From data to meaning for people', Eindhoven, NL
- Lecture at 'Graphic Design Festival', Breda, NL
- Lecture at 'Stilvorlagen Â°7', Hamburg, DE
- Lecture at 'Les Rendez-vous du cinÃ©ma quÃ©bÃ©cois', MontrÃ©al, CA
- Workshop & Lecture at 'Unbox Festival', New Delhi, IN
- Lecture at 'Eurosonic Noorderslag', Groningen, NL
- Lecture at Yale school of Art, New Haven, USA
- Lecture & Jury at 'Data In Sight', Adobe, San Francisco, USA
- Lecture at z33, Hasselt, BE
- Lecture at Fachhochschule Aachen, Aachen, DE
- Lecture at HfG Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, DE
- Workshop 'Visible Data', Bratislava, SK
- Workshop at HEAD Geneve, Geneve, CH
- Workshop at Hochschule fÃ¼r KÃ¼nste Bremen, Bremen, DE
- Lecture at 'Beamlab # 22', Amsterdam, NL
- Jury at Postgraduation of Ã‰cole SupÃ©rieur dâ€™Art et de Design, Amiens, FR
- Workshop at Ã‰cole des beaux-arts de Rennes, Rennes, FR
- Workshop at Sandberg Instituut, Amsterdam, NL
- Workshop at Crosslab, Willem de Kooning Academie, Rotterdam, NL
- Workshop at Sichuan Fine Arts Institute, Chongqing, CN
- Workshop & Lecture at CCA, San Francisco, USA
- Lecture at FH Mainz, Mainz, DE
- Lecture at Ecole des Beaux-Arts, Bordeaux, FR
- Workshop at California College of the Arts, Amsterdam, NL
- Workshop at University of the Arts Bremen, Bremen, DE
- Lecture at University of the Arts Bremen, Bremen, DE
publication CREATIVE APPLICATIONS NETWORK
Casey Reas and Chandler McWilliams edited â€˜Designing Programsâ€™, an inspiring compendium about building your own software/tools. Besides us the following artists contributed:
Amanda Cox / NYT
Markus Wendt / FIELD
Dutch Design Award 2011
We got the Dutch Design Award and the Golden Eye for Money & Speed â€“ Inside the Blackbox.
La boule mystÃ©rieuse
Catalogtree exhibition at My Monkey, Nancy (FR)
lecture at HfG Karlsruhe
Urs Lehni invited us to give a lecture at HfG Karlsruhe/Germany.
ITEMS magazine, The Netherlands, 'Portfolio Catalogtree'.
issue #1 2011, page 72-79
by Harmen Liemburg
MONEY & SPEED presentation
The official TouchDoc presentation at Pakhuis de Zwijger/Amsterdam. In collaboration with Marije Meerman.
One of our first visitors.
Design is Blank interview
ISO 50 interview
Workshop at Ã‰cole rÃ©gionale des Beaux-arts in Rennes. Pictures show student work. In collaboration with Catherine de Smet & JÃ©rÃ´me Saint-Loubert BiÃ© (planning and contact).
publication Ã©tapes: magazine
Article about our work in Ã©tapes: magazine
Pecha Kucha at FH Mainz
Pecha Kucha lecture at FH Mainz about Â»Exoskelette, Pinguine und TodesangstÂ«
publication extra book
extra - Encyclopaedia of Experimental Print Finishing, our part: paper engraving, page 28
student's results of a one week workshop for students of the California College of the Arts (CCA) in San Francisco (US).
A workshop we gave in Chongqing (China) in january 2009.
Dutch Design Award 2008
This book contains a printed version of our complete online archive. It is generated and printed on demand in editions of 30 (black and white, screen resolution, 8.25" x 10.75", hardcover). This reflects the dynamic nature of the source, allowing each edition to be revised and updated. The book will continue to expand untill it reaches 801 pages.
This is a non-official publication, part of an experimental ongoing project that focuses on open source possibilities for design and publishing.
In collaboration with Jeremy Jansen (book concept).
lecture at ft 23
A lecture we gave at ft23 in Bremen.
publication AREA 2 book
AREA 2 â€“ 100 Graphic Designers, New York, page 56-59
Serial Consign interview
Greg J. Smith placed an interview with us on his blog Serial Consign. You can read it here:
lecture at FH Mainz
We gave a lecture on our work at Fachhochschule Mainz, Germany.
Form magazine, Germany, 'Auf der Datenautobahn / Figures on Speed'.
issue 210, september/oktober 2006 page 62-66
by Karianne Fogelberg
lecture at casa
talking for 400 seconds about SETI...
article about our work in I.D. (I.D. Forty: Who Deserves More Attention?)